Films from the South has started
As a result of the new infection control measures in Oslo, the Films from the South festival will be all-digital. As a part of the program, 11 of the films from this year’s Arab Film Days programme will form it’s own programme section.
This year, Films from the South celebrates 30 years, and the anniversary was going to be marked with an extensive festival programme of more than 90 films and nearly 250 screenings. In light of the new infection control measures that have been implemented in Oslo, this year's Films from the South will be all-digital. On our new digital festival platform, you can watch Films from the South in your own living room!
Around 70 of the films that were planned for cinema screenings will be made digitally available. The digital festival opens on November 26, and all films will be available until the last day of the festival, December 6. Selected films will be available until December 15.
Film bundle: 3 x Arab Film Days
Not sure wgere to start? We have chosen three of our favourites from the Arab Film Days programme section: Tunisian A Son, Moroccan Adam and the documentary Tiny Souls from Jordan. You can rent them together for NOK 179. See the film bundle here.
Information about the digital festival:
- All films will be available for rental from November 26. There is no pre-sale. We do not offer full festival tickets, films are available for rent individually.
- Regular prices are 79 NOK. Some films will be available for only 39 NOK.
- You can start watching the films you rent whenever you want to within the festival period. The film is available for 24 hours from the moment you play it for the first time.
- Some of the films in the programme have a limited number of available screenings on the digital platform, so they can become sold out. There is, however, a large amount of available screenings per films, so it is unlikely that they will become sold out early in the festival period.
- The digital platform works best in Safari or Microsoft Edge, please use one of these browsers to stream films.
- The digital Films from the South festival will be available all over the country, so no matter where in Norway you are, you will be able to attend the festival!
If you can’t find the answer to your question by following the link above, you can contact us by pressing the red chat-button in the lower right corner of this page. You will also see this icon on the digital platform. Another option is to send an e-mail to [email protected].
Vi hope you enjoy the festival!